Paddle Sweep to check out how the blogs are doing with points in the Interblog IPL Battle, and I see that I'm at about 5th place as I got no points today after KKR's 'mommy-i've-got-a-tummyache-i-don't-wanna-go-to-school' performance (to coin a term). Then their poll, for who people think will win this battle, catches my eye. According to the public opinion, 46% of the voters think that I'm a frontrunner to win. That's 86 people. This positively baffled me, and my mind was able to come up with these possible explanations:
- People actually think I'm a good blogger, so I should win (Note: writing prowess won't get me far, KKR has to do well or I won't get anywhere)
- That many people think KKR can actually win the IPL
- People are just voting for the guy who's leading already
- Sympathy votes for the underdog
- One crazed psycho-fan who visits every house in his neighborhood and threatens to kill them if they don't vote for me, who will eventually hunt me down and choke me with a cricket bat should I fail to win.
- They love the name of my blog
- They're mocking me